Advertisement

Seeking Skilled Unity/Unreal Programmer To Develop Game "Show"

Started by September 22, 2024 11:17 PM
0 comments, last by TheCynicalCynic 2 hours, 8 minutes ago

Thanks for giving my post a quick read. I'll try to be straight forward about what I'm looking to create here.

I'm currently trying to put together a project that I call a gameplay “show”. Where I stream/create gameplay videos of games that don't actually exist and I play them with another person(s). Similar to what you'd see right now of other youtube channels/streams just sitting around playing games, only we'd be playing games that only exist on our channel.

The “games” that are developed are not developed to be sold commercially or even downloaded for free. They are made solely for entertainment and to be watched through youtube, streaming outlets, social media outlets (as shorts), etc.

Because of this, development is reduced to just a portion of the game that will be shown. So rather than developing an entire game and then recording a playthrough, I'm looking to just develop a sliver of a game's scenario that will be recorded, edited, and uploaded.

The reason why I am looking for a programmer to partner up with is because I've attempted to do this project purely as an animation but it lacks the authentic gameplay feel and response that you would see from someone actually playing a game. It's also incredibly tedious to simulate everything a game engine can do as an animation when you can go to Unreal and easily BP a hud system.
I've attached some screenshots of my work on an animation I've attempted to do this with for a scenario called “The Breach” where the video shows “gameplay” of players in a briefing room, before heading to the hangar and flying to an enemy capital ship where they would breach it, take down key systems, and escape before the ship explodes.

And as much as I enjoyed putting it all together, the end result felt nothing like a gameplay session, so I scrapped it and decided to look for someone who can do the programming side of developing this project and I could provide the art assets.

If you are someone that wants to program a “game” without actually spending months or years developing something to show and you want to try a different approach to development, send me a message on

Discord: thecynicalcynic

Email: val.vilhelm@gmail.com

Or a message through here.

There is also a thoroughly worked out benefit that this approach also has in terms of generating revenue and game development in general. This project is not all intended to be “free” and the price/risk to do this is significantly lower than how games have been traditionally created these last decades (ie spend months/years building something with no profit and chance to flop on arrival).

If this is something that sounds interesting to you and you would like to talk about it further, please don't hesitate to reach out. I look forward to chatting with you.

Advertisement